Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My lawyer overly charged and made up dates and times he

Customer Question
My lawyer overly charged and...
My lawyer overly charged and made up dates and times for work he never did
Now he filed a law suit
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
12/18/2015
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I would raise the stakes on him by filing a counter suit for legal malpractice, fraud, and deceptive trade practices. In your counter suit, I would spell out the the specific facts and ask the court to award both actual and punitive damages; the punitive damages due to the lawyer's intentional and willful misconduct. In my experience, simply filing your counter suit is likely all you will need to do because the lawyer will give return your money, pay your damages, and return your file rather than risk judgments being on his record and punitive damages.

Richard, Attorney