How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a work comp case,and had agreed too somewhat of their

Customer Question

I had a work comp case,and had agreed too somewhat of their perposeal ,but in July when they sent me the paper work,they wanted me to sign off on everything even what they weren't encluding to cover,My Attorney told them i refuse and soposeably Amazon took it back to the judge and he ordered the judgement that was on november 4,2015 and i still have not had the bills paid on my credit for anesthesia services 2 times in the amount of 3,264 Not only have them not been paid but i still have not been paid.What do i do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of employment law experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

The first thing you, or your attorney, should do is to place them on legal notice of their deficiency and demand payment. This can be accomplished by sending them a certified letter with a return receipt wherein you notify them of the situation and the delinquent payment to you and to the health care provider. Tell them they must pay within 10 business days of the post mark on the letter or you will take them back to court and seek attorney fees and damages.

You may want to attach a copy of the court order to pay as an exhibit as well.

If they do not pay within the specified period of time, you are going to have to take them back to court and you can seek attorney fees associated with their delinquency. The certified letter of legal notice will bode well for you before the court because it will be evidence of you attempts to solve this without court intervention.

Also, contact the anesthesia provider and let them know what is going on as well. You may want to give them a copy of your letter to show your diligence in pursuing the payment to hold them over until payment is made.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars) as well.

Best wishes going forward!

Related Legal Questions