How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28021
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Bill first time arrest a. she had no record and the reason

Customer Question

Customer: bill first time arrest for patronizing a prostitute. she had no record and the reason the police stormed the motel room is friends of hers were sitting in the parking lot with drugs in the car so they were told she was in the room
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: met the girl on facebook, told the police i met her to have lunch and help her out, and in anything happened so be it, i gave her 120$ the cop said if i sign i statement ill let you go, i said ok, her friends were there in 2of the 5 squad cars thepolice didnt seem to want to deal with all of them so he told 2 to get out of east hartford
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: all iwanted to know is what the chances to severity if i just plead guilty wich i will, have to go in a few, and they also kept over 800$ as evidence?? leaving me penniless and no way home
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. Are you a first time offender?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
r u there or should i wait for email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and sorry for the delay. I did not hear back from you last night, so I had signed off, after 30 minutes. As a first time offender, the State should not seek and jail time. This was a non-violent crime, so if you wanted to resolve this and take a plea deal, you can ask for an offer when you appear. The State should be looking to impose a fine, court costs and possible an educational class, regarding the know dangers of doing this, along with some community service. Worse case, they may want probation but as a first time offender, that may be unlikely, for something like this. As far as the $800 goes, you can ask the Judge to sign an order, for its release and will likely need to show the source of the funds and that it was legally obtained.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All that I basically knew . You didn't mention using AR. Why
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Ar? As in a diversion program?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Accelerated rehabilitation?isnt that kinda a get out of jail card and may not go on your record?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. What you are asking about is a diversion program. This can be offered to first time offenders and if they do what is required in the program, the case can be dismissed. Now, you need to see if the prosecution will offer this and you can ask about this when you first appear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else I should know is there a chance it gets settled with a prosecutor and never goes before the judge?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

It will have to go before the Judge, unless the State decided to dismiss or drop the charge, ahead of time. However, if you speak with the prosecutor and can work this out, the Judge should go along with any plea agreement or offer made, as long as it is fair and reasonable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you I will just have to wait I guess
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Yes, wait until your first appearance and speak with the prosecutor. Ask for a plea offer or suggest a diversion program, letting them know you would like to get this dismissed. You do not need to speak about the facts of the case, just let them know you are interested in resolving this. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. Thank you.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!