How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We both separated. He leaves in another place over the past

Customer Question

We both separated. He leaves in another place over the past years. Now filled for chapter 13. Both loan and deed are under his name. The house also under lien d/t late tax payment. Is it safe and legal he put my name on house deed and title without informing court??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

In order for him to transfer property out of his name, he must obtain court approval. Also, if he were to receive a profit from a sale or refinance, some or all of that profit may have to be applied to pay your Chapter 13 creditors. If he fails to obtain court approval, the transaction may be set aside and your case may be dismissed.

Related Legal Questions