MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I have been playing this game call clash of clan, it's an

Customer Question

I have been playing this game call clash of clan, it's an app game in the Apple and android store. Been playing for about 2 years now. Enjoy it untill recent update last week. Before the update game was played just fine and can gradually upgrade to be stronger. As I always do to help the process of upgrading also I payed to help myself upgrade in certain way but more in just playing the game to upgrade. Now since last week, supercell (that's the company name) rolled out the update as they are basically making us play they way they want it to be played and making it almost impossible to upgrade and advance to become stronger. Supercell is dictating how to play e game and not allow certain thing that was played before the update. There's a lot more detail information about this then what I am trying to explain. A lot more unsatisfied players also agree that the update is more of a " this is how you are going to play the game" and is leaving the game. My question is classaction sue poss?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unfortunately, no, a class action suit is not possible. The company can make whatever rules they want for the game. You are not obligated to play the game. By changing the rules, you can still play the game and this hasn't caused you any damages. If you are displeased with the new rules and leave, that would be a decision that you are making on your own. However, this does not establish the grounds for a class action lawsuit as the company has not engaged in any behavior that has broken the law.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that they can implement rule, that's where we as consumers read the rule and rev before we install the game (app). And as we play the game and enjoying the way it is, they rollout a new update and now it's make the game less enjoyable and at the same time before the update I intended to buy in app purchases before the new update, and now the new update roll outs its no longer enjoyable and I didn't pay to play in the new update. That an app thing. Now let go to a different situation, console games, we buy games as what it is, play e game as how it is intended to play, console game dosent have updates and it being played the way it was suppose to be played. Not by supercell saying "we need to update this game for how it was suppose to be played" the game was being played how it was to be played, but people found way around it and they try to fix it with the update.
Please give me an explanation in depth, cause I think I may have to call you to explain everything.

We can set up a call if you'd like.

However, I understand what you are saying and there still is not grounds for a class action lawsuit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I have to pay extra to talk live, I tougjt its was part of the one time payment that I made. In that case never mind and thank you for you advice, I will end this here, once again thank you.

No problem. It was my pleasure. Please don't forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.