How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 55459
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We recently red a moving company to move us. On our contract

Customer Question

We recently hired a moving company to move us. On our contract we were supposed to get our stuff between 3-5 days. It took 2 weeks to get our belongings. Also upon delivery some of our stuff was damaged and destroyed. They sent us a claim form stating that they come out and inspect our stuff. And they want us to sign a fraudulent claims form, stating that we cannot in writing or verbal say anything bad about their company. Is this a case for a attorney and if so could you recommend one locally for us? We live in the Mesa Az. area.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

You absolutely have the upper hand here and should pursue this. They're the ones in breach of contract and they have no legal right to condition payment of your damages due to their default on you signing this form preventing you from commenting on their company. If they won't pay you your damages voluntarily without signing this form or simply won't pay your damages, let them know you will be filing suit; but, let them know if forced to file suit, you will be filing not just as breach of contract, but also as deceptive trade practice and fraud causes of action, which will entitle you to punitive damages as well. In my experience, that is sufficient to cause them to pay you rather than risk punitive damages and the judgments. Under my terms of service with JustAnswer, I'm not allowed to make a specific recommendation, but I can give you direction. You would want to either contact the state bar association or your nearest law school for a referral. I prefer the latter because they take great pride in their graduates and will take a more personal interest in making sure your referral is a good one because it will be a reflection of the school.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Related Legal Questions