How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9336
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help immediately! Please! My mother currently is

Customer Question

I need help immediately! Please! My mother currently is suffering with metastatic stage 4 small cell lung cancer which has spread to her brain, adrenal glands and lymph nodes in various places throughout her body. She is right now in a very confused state of mind. She has been for awhile. Since she has become confused her mother and sister have tried pushing my sister and I out of the picture in an effort to gain financially from her. While my mother was in the ICU yesterday her mother and sister convinced her to change her POA from her children to the two of them and to also sign her car over to them. This was all done without a state mental health evaluation was performed. There are several witnesses that can't vouch as to what my mothers state of mind is as well as the abuse from her mother and sister. Yesterday we asked her what year it was and she said 1915. She thinks her SSA disability will be paid back to her in the form of tobacco. This is only a little of her confusion. I need guardianship over my mother so that I can get her the proper care that she desperately needs.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I am sorry to hear this.

From what you wrote, it is clear that she needs a guardian.

The petition is posted at

but should be filed with other forms linked from


The relevant statutes are mostly linked from

I strongly urge you to get an attorney to represent you, the procedure is not simple, see

You can get a free consultation from some of the Ohio attorneys listed by location here.

I hope this information is helpful.