LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I am getting married in the British Islands will my license

Customer Question

I am getting married in the British Virgin Islands will my license be recognized and legally binding in Texas?
Submitted: 1 year ago via USmarriagelaws.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, your marriage in the BVI will be granted legitimacy, and recognized, throughout the US---presuming that it is legal and recognized in BVI---which if you are getting the license there, it will be valid.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season, and congratulations on your pending nuptials!

Doug