How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31737
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hav been suing my business partner years. He claims the

Customer Question

I hav been suing my business partner for four years. He claims the business is broke and asked the judge to allow him to dissolve it or that I could buy it for 30,000.00. We said we would buy it. When he realized we had the money the judge reversed his own decision to allow us to purchase it. Can a judge reverse his own decision?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

It is possible for a judge to change his ruling when there's some defined justification for it --- such as the judge misinterpreted a document, unintentionally applied the law incorrectly, etc. But, a change in the order usually is a result of a motion to reconsider by the losing party.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

So, if the judge just entered an order without prompting by a party filing a motion and without giving a justified reason for changing his ruling, that's questionable and you may want to consider filing an appeal.