How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33935
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm helping a 30-year old friend of mine who is concerned

Customer Question

I'm helping a 30-year old friend of mine who is concerned about old warrants and/or misdemeanors (i.e. 2012 and 2013) that may still be on her record actively. Most of what she had were Class C misdemeanors, but there were Class B highway blockage issues. What is the best way to find and resolve these issues.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

The public doesn't have access to the warrant database or the NCIC database so there is no "legitimate" way to check these out other than by going to the Department of Public Safety when the friends renews their driver's license and asking them. Unfortunately, if there is a warrant then your friend will likely be arrested when they do that.

There is a "back door" way to find that info. What most lawyers do is have someone who is in law enforcement to run an unauthorized search of the warrant database to see if anything shows up. If you or your friend doesn't know anyone who can do that then the next best option is to contact a number of private investigators and ask them if they have sources who can do the search. While not all of them will. sooner or later you will find a PI who knows someone and they will then be able to provide the information. Of course, there will be a cost for the PIs services.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks!
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.