Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I have been maintaining 42 acreas of land ;now a love child

Customer Question

I have been maintaining 42 acreas of land ;now a love child out of wed lock are claim she entitled her deceased dad part. My uncle never claim her. do she need a dna test to proved she my uncle daughter
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and wil be the expert helping you today.

Yes you may ask for such a dna test or file with the probate court to force a court ordered test.

You may need to file for probate and have court order it and then determine the proper legal heirs.This is the normal procedure in Texas to determine whether the person is an heir.You are within your rights to do so.

If it turns out she is a partial heir you are a creditor to the estate and can be reimbursed for your expenses from any sale prior to distribution here.

You may want to consider a local lawyer to make application for probate and the dna test.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Here you go lawyer referral for you through our state bar..

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I truly appreciate the chance to help you today.If you have more follow up please just ask.Thanks again.

I wish you a happy holiday season.