Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My fiancee was kidnapped at JFK airport 1 week ago. I have

Customer Question
My fiancee was kidnapped at...
My fiancee was kidnapped at JFK airport 1 week ago.
I have tried to get help the Police at San Jose, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, many Ermergency humbers in New Yorsk
I even contact the FBI numerous times
No help
I contacted st Class Investigations Inc. company and engaged them for services
I sent the contract and the retainer fees of $4,500 to the owner of this company and asked them to get involved right away
FINALLY ABOUT 45 minutes ago I recived a call and texts from THE KIDNAPPER WANTING TO NEGOTIATE FOR THE RELEASE OF MY FRIEND
NO HELP FROM ANYONE
WHAT SHOULD I DO
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
12/12/2015
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm very sorry to hear that this happened.

What did the police and FBI say when you contacted them? Please don't take this the wrong way, but - have you ever met your fiance in person? Where was she traveling to JFK from?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1) No
2) Dubai International airport
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Police and FBI ...Just Kicked the can down the road, passing the buck
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there Lucy?
Are you still helping me?

Yes, I am here. It takes some time to type a complete answer. I appreciate your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks

Thank you.

I'm very sorry to have to tell you this, but this is a scam. Your fiance is not the person she is claiming to be, she never set foot in JFK, and she was not kidnapped. That's why police and the FBI cannot help you - because the person you think you know does not exist. No matter what you do or say, how much money you send them, she will never be released - because she's not a real person. She's working with the "kidnappers," to steal your money.

There is NO company called Class Investigations Inc. registered to do business in New York state or California. That means that it's illegal for them to enter a contract with you or take your money in order to do work in either of those states. These people are working with the scam artists. Do not send them another penny.

Contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center to report that you've been scammed.

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

I realize that you're not going to want to believe this, but this is an EXTREMELY COMMON scam. I've seen it many times. It frequently happens with online relationships, because it's so easy to fake emails and photographs to pretend to be someone you're not. It's a combination of general romance scams with the virtual kidnapper scam discussed in the article pasted below. Scam artists are now playing variations of their scams because, thanks to the internet, people can quickly learn about what they're doing and avoid sending them money.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-warns-of-telephone-extortion-scam-virtual-kidnappings/

If this were not a scam, police or the FBI would be investigating. But they've seen this, too, and they know how it works.

If you truly believe that she is legitimate, contact the US Embassy in New York for her home country. They would have the ability to put pressure on law enforcement to take action. But they will tell you the same thing I am saying.

Again, I'm sorry.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It truly is amazing
I am amazed
But that is OK
We live in a virtual world ANYWAY
The people in this scam are the best ACTORS in the world
They deserve to win a big Oscar!
I think everybody is going crazy not only me
Thank you Lucy and have a nice day

You're very welcome. I'm glad I could help.

Be aware of follow-up scams. Sometimes in this situation, the scam artists will have a friend contact you and offer to get your money back - for a small, upfront fee, sent via Western Union. It's just a more despicable part of the original scam. Don't fall for it.

Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wait a minute Lucy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The 1st Class Investigations Inc. is a true real entity
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
at least I did not lose the money transferred to them from my bankers who were there to help me with the transfer?

You said they were called "Class Investigations," which is not a real company. Did you type in the name wrong?

Scam companies LOVE to use the names of real companies, or those that are very similar.

If funds were sent via Western Union or bank transfer, that almost certainly means that you were dealing with scam artists, not someone from a real company.

And honestly, any private investigator should've told you this is a scam before taking your money, and that makes me highly suspicious.

I have to step away for a bit, but I'll be back this afternoon if you have any more questions.

I saw that you opened a new question. To avoid confusion, it's best to keep all communications on this page.

What additional questions do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please let me follow up with Lucy or somebody who can help with an abduction situation. Lucy told me it was scam But IT IS NOT. MY friend is being abducted for more than 1 week in New York and nobody is helping us

I am Lucy. IT IS A SCAM. That's why no one can help you - because the person you are talking about never landed on a plane in New York City. The only help I can give you is help you to see that this person is trying to steal money from you. You aren't going to find her, because she doesn't exist. If as many people were ACTUALLY kidnapped from JFK as the scam artist would have you believe, you'd have heard about it on the news. Members of the general public would be terrified to go there. Police would be swarming the place.

Police could call the airline and confirm whether a person with that name was on board. They could pull footage from cameras at the airport, looking for her. They could try to trace any correspondence you got from kidnappers. Things like that. If you have contacted New York Police and the JFK Security Officers and no one is helping you do anything, it's because they are also certain it's a scam.

As I said yesterday, if you don't believe me, call the Embassy for her country and explain what happened. If she is a real person, they can put pressure on the police to take action.

Lucy, Esq., Attorney