P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

Question: i did go out with a girl and engaged into a

Customer Question

Question: i did go out with a girl and engaged into a sexual activities and now she is demanding for money otherwise she will send some video tapes to my wife. What should i do? All i have on her is some audio tapes asking money for the video and that if not then my wife will have a surprise. Are these audio tapes good enough enough to stand up on court for blackmailing?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma.

What you are describing is a crime. It is a crime to demand money in return for not releasing this information.

If you have audio? That is a great start (for evidence).

Report this to police...they can investigate and prosecute this crime

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your quick response. On a second note she is an escort so i don't know if that would complicate if i report this to the police. It was a stupid thing to do and regret it but it is too late for regrets and now i have to deal with this. She is asking me for $3600 for the video for her silence and said to me that she could even find out how much money i have in my bank account, home address, emails, etcLet me know what's your final input about this situation and how should approach this? Should i meet with her and try to record her with hidden camera?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

And sorry for the delay.
If you report this to law enforcement, they may have you work to record her. That is possible.

If you report this to law enforcement, I would expect them to take it seriously.

It does complicate things that you committed a crime.

Her crime is a far more serious crime. One that I would expect the state to prosecute, perhaps as a felony.

One way to approach this is hire an attorney to reach out to the DA (district attorney) and see if they will cut a deal where you provide the information in return for agreeing not to prosecute. The attorney may be able to broker a deal without revealing your name. And in any case, not reveal your name.