Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I received a letter in November from the DMV in Louisiana

Customer Question

I received a letter in November from the DMV in Louisiana stating I owed fines dating back to September and December of 2002, I thought it was a joke. The closer the expiration date came the scareder I got so I called them on Dec. 7, 2015. The woman I spoke to said that no matter how old they were I was going to have to pay them, is this true? Also, in 2002 I was, mentally, in very bad shape, I wanted to kill my own doctor. I was hospitalized in December of 2002 with a serious bipolar disorder. I spent two weeks in the hospital. Most of 2002 was a blur to me. Can you please help me?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, unpaid traffic fines never expire, until paid and resolved.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.