How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42257
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am doing a project where I need to call businesses to get

Customer Question

I am doing a project for school where I need to call businesses to get information. I would like to record these calls so that I can reference them (I'm a slow note-taker). I've heard that Colorado is a single party consent state. Is this accurate? If so, what steps should I take to ensure my recordings are above board?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

You can do this legally,Colorado is a one party consent state.Only one party has to consent, thats you here if you want to tape the conversations.


I appreciate the chance to help you .Good luck here with your project.Thanks again.