How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34284
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just found out someone used my content and uploaded it to

Customer Question

I just found out someone used my content and uploaded it to slideshare. This is content that I charge $250 for per client. The document includes a statement about written permission being required for sharing or distribution. Over 3,000 people have viewed this document.n Can I sue for loss of income?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma.
You can sue for the violation of your intellectual property rights.
That is, if you created content, you own the rights to that content.
IF someone has improperly used/sold/shared that content, and this has harmed you (caused you to loose income)?

You can sue to recover.

Now...this is a copyright issue. Federal copyright law you would need to sue in federal court (so you need to hire a lawyer to proceed).

But you can sue for the income you have lost.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.