Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Why is an eldercare lawyer recommended over a basic lawyer

Customer Question
why is an eldercare lawyer recommended over a basic lawyer
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
12/9/2015
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Any attorney---a basic lawyer---- can draft a will. However, there are attorneys who make wills and trusts and estate planning their primary emphasis and those attorneys are the ones I would go to.

While having a local probate attorney draft a will for you is typical, an elder law attorney will occasionally have a more thorough knowledge of estate planning when it comes to issues which deal with the state and federal government and tax consequences of some estate planning strategies.

If your will was drafted by a lawyer in general practice and you have concerns about the will, then you might consider having it reviewed by a probate attorney or an elder law attorney---especially of Medicaid is presently involved in the payment of medical expenses for the person having the will drafted.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney