Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am a Power Of Attorney representative resident at the

Customer Question
I am a Power Of...
I am a Power Of Attorney representative for a resident at the State of New Jersey STU Annex, Avenel, New Jersey. The resident has been detained in this facility for three months and no one has answered his questions concerning the reason why he is there. His Public Defender refuses to answer his telephone calls and he does not know of any other contact person to hear his complaint. Who can I contact directly to help in his situation?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
12/9/2015
Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

This person is having their constitutional rights infringed upon in view of this treatment. Since no one will help, your next phone call should be to the ACLU. They specialize in assisting both legally and politically in situations such as this one before you.

Here is a link to the contact information in New Jersey: https://www.aclu-nj.org/aboutus/contact/

Let me know if you have any additional information. You are to be commended for assisting in this way.

Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars).

Thanks!

Just checking back with you to see if you had any additional questions or comments. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks

Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney