How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in and sent a $1000. watch to a repair service located

Customer Question

I am in Virginia and sent a $1000. watch to a repair service located in Florida 6 months ago. He has stated that he is not able to repair and promised several times to return the watch. He has not returned the watch to me after repeated request and will not answer my text messages. Is there a Florida law that covers such or is this a civil mattrer.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest it is a civil matter. And you need to make a written request via letter for your property.

In the letter state when you mailed the watch, the type, etc and what he said about not being able to make the repairs. And now you have requested numerous times for it to be returned to no avail. I suggest that you might also consider adding that you will pay for the return of the watch and provide overnight information for him to simply place it in a box and have it picked up at his door on your dime.

Unless there was a prior agreement that he would pay the return postage -

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

If he still does not respond within the allotted time you specify, then you will need to file a small claims law suit for the value of the watch. You can do that on your own, but it would need to be filed in his county.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I suggest you check with him about the watch and you paying the shipping. You can get information on how to send the pre paid shipping package to him and have them pick it up from him directly, etc - Fed Ex does this among others.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you