How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I regain my personal property that my ex girlfriend

Customer Question

how do I regain my personal property that my ex girlfriend is refusing to give me back? I have all the documents and statements to prove they are mine
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What state is your property in?

2. Did she steal the things or did you leave them with her---perhaps when you lived with her or visited her?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there my personal items that have been left in her home which she is refusing to give me back. I can't get back into the house as I have no key! I have tried allsorts for her to be reasonable but shes just being really awkward I just want my belongings back
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

What state is your property in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its items im trying to reclaim from my ex partners home its a tv and a laptop how do I go about regaining them?? I have proof in black and white that there mine
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.


As you are not providing me with the information I have requested, I'm afraid that I cannot help you.

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.


Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Different attorney here...are you still looking for an answer?