How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

, we have a contract of 3 years of martial arts school

Customer Question

Customer: hi ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we have a contract of 3 years of martial arts school located in chicago il thjis year she its having panic attacs and she do not wants to go to the martial arts since 4 months im paying for nothing since we have contract what I can do
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I need to get a letter to be able to cance; are you guys can do that or this is just a consultation?.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of the panic attacks. But I fully understand.

Please tell me

1 - How old is the participant?

2 - What does the contract say about any cancellations?

3 - Is there something that happened at the school or in class that has caused these panic attacks?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is 9
2- Contract says That I can cancel only for medical issues
3- She have this panic attacks for a teacher on her school not martial arts school
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

I suggest that you will want to consider taking her to her pediatrician. Tell him about her panic attacks and that you would like a letter stating that because of her emotional and mental health that at this time her participation in the classes must be halted.

That will need to come from the pediatrician/doctor on their letter head. That then is presented to the head of the school, with a letter that says the contract is being cancelled because of the medical reasons as outlined in the attached letter from Doctor NAME.

You also will state that you anticipate a full refund in the amount of whatever it is you are seeking. And that if it is not settled within 10 days from receipt of the letter, you will have no other option but to bring this to small claims court.

That letter should be hand delivered to the owner or mailed certified with a return receipt requested.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

It does not matter if the panic attacks are caused by the marital arts or not. The point is she has a medical issue and the martial arts does not help, it only makes it worse.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

If they do not agree and you need to go to court, you can file in small claims court on your own. You can get the forms from the clerk of the court. Your argument would be you provided medical opinion as required on the cancellation clause and they are not willing to settle the matter. You have complied with the contract. They have not.