How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41617
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have two judgements against the same former tenants, one

Customer Question

I have two judgements against the same former tenants, one for $385.00 and the other for in excess of $900.00. There has been no court ordered payment plan but the tenants said they will pay $20 each pay period (every two weeks). The $385 is from August and the greater from November 16, 2015. So for I have received nothing. How do I collect?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be expert helping you tonight.

Here your next moves are a writ of garnishment and writ of execution.Sheriff executes and sells any nonexempt property and you can garnish wages here.

WRIT OF EXECUTION: 15 days after the date of the recording of the original judgment, you may secure a Writ of Execution from the Clerk of Court. Procedures for filing the Writ of Execution should be followed pursuant to Florida Statute 55.201 – 55.209. You may visit the Secretary of State’s web site @

WRIT OF GARNISHMENT: If there is no real or personal property to be seized under a Writ of Execution, look to see if the defendant has property in another’s possession. If a third person owes the defendant money or has the defendant’s property in his possession or if there is a bank account in the defendant’s name, you may file a Writ of Garnishment against that person or the bank. To do this you will need to remit $85.00 for the Clerk’s filing fee in each individual case. Effective July 1, 2000 Florida Statute 77.041 requires a “Notice to Defendant” and “Claim of Exemption and Notice of Hearing” form attached to all Writs of Garnishments. This section requires the plaintiff to mail a “Notice” and “Claim of Exemption” along with a copy of the Motion for Writ and Writ of Garnishment to the defendant and requires the plaintiff to file a certificate as proof of such service. The garnishee will, of course, have a chance to answer the Writ.

You can get the forms for this from the small claims court where judgment as issued.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.