How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118218
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think my privacy is being violated - I have found evidence

Customer Question

i think my privacy is being violated - I have found evidence that my home is being monitored, my husband and I are being followed and our electronic devices are being hacked. Not sure where to go for help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you show the police the evidence of the monitoring, since electronic surveillance without a warrant is illegal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We actually provided the police with thermal images of someone being in our house - and of our security systems being tampered with. They did not seem concerned and almost acted as though we were being super paranoid. We have gone through three computers - two sets of cell phones, two security systems and had nothing but problems with everything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am now desparate and seeking some type of legal representation I do not know what type of lawyer I should look at.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
You need to contact the police supervisors regarding their failure to conduct a proper investigation and if they refuse, you would need to contact the state police and also your district attorney, since they are the ultimate law enforcement authorities on these cases. However, absent them taking action, in order for you to do anything you need to somehow identify the party doing this (using a private investigator) and then filing a civil suit against them for damages over what they are doing to you including the emotional distress.
Start with a private investigator and then a civil law attorney (general legal counsel) can assist.