Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need a legal aid service in the New Orleans area. I need

Customer Question
I need a legal aid...
I need a legal aid service in the New Orleans area. I need to get power of attorney.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
12/8/2015
Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney

I hope this message finds you well. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of practice experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today. I think I can help you quicker by providing you with a document than referring you to a legal aid service.

I am going to cut and paste a Louisiana Power of Attorney Template below. You can then copy and paste it into your own document (like a word document). You can enter the appropriate information in the blanks.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars) as well.

LOUISIANA GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY FORM I. NOTICE - This legal document grants you (Hereinafter referred to as the “Principal”) the right to transfer unlimited financial powers to someone else (Hereinafter referred to as the “Attorney-in-Fact”), unlimited financial powers are described as: all financial decision making power legal under law. The Principal’s transfer of financial powers to the Attorney-in-Fact are granted upon authorization of this agreement, and DO NOT stay in effect in the event of incapacitation by the Principal (incapacitation is described in Paragraph II). This agreement does not authorize the Attorney-in-Fact to make medical decisions for the Principal. The Principal continues to retain every right to all their financial decision making power and may revoke this General Power of Attorney Form at anytime. The Principal may include restrictions or requests pertaining to the financial decision making power of the Attorney-in-Fact. It is the intent of the Attorney-in-Fact to act in the Principal’s wishes put forth, or, to make financial decisions that fit the Principal’s best interest. All parties authorizing this agreement must be at least 18 years of age and acting under no false pressures or outside influences. Upon authorization of this General Power of Attorney Form, it will revoke any previously valid General Power of Attorney Form. II. INCAPACITATION – The powers granted to the Attorney-in-Fact by the Principal in this General Power of Attorney Form DO NOT stay in effect upon incapacitation by the Principal, incapacitation is describes as: A medical physician stating verbally or in writing that the Principal can no longer make decisions for them self. III. REVOCATION - The Principal has the right to revoke this General Power of Attorney Form at anytime. Any revocation will be effective if the Principal either: A. Authorizes a new General Power of Attorney Form. B. Authorizes a Power of Attorney Revocation Form. IV. WITNESS & NOTARY - This document is not valid as a General Power of Attorney unless it is acknowledged before a notary public or is signed by at least two adult witnesses who are present when the Principal signs or acknowledges the Principal’s signature. It is recommended to have this General Power of Attorney Form notarized. V. PRINCIPAL - I, ______________________, residing at Name of Principal _________________________________________________________________ Street Address of Principal City of ______________________, State of ______________________, appoint City of Principal State of Principal the following as my Attorney-in-Fact, whom I trust with any and all my financial decision making power immediately upon the authorization of this form: VI. ATTORNEY-IN-FACT - ______________________, residing at Name of Attorney-in-Fact _________________________________________________________________ Street Address of Attorney-in-Fact City of ______________________, State of ______________________ grant City of Attorney-in-Fact State of Attorney-in-Fact the Attorney-in-Fact the legal authority to act on my behalf for any power legal under law in regard to my financial decisions under the State of _________________________. State VII. SUCCESSOR ATTORNEY-IN-FACT (Optional) – If the Attorney-in-Fact named above cannot or is unwilling to serve, then I appoint ______________________, Name of Successor Attorney-in-Fact residing at _________________________________________________________________ Street Address of Successor Attorney-in-Fact City of ______________________, State of ______________________ grant City of Successor Attorney-in-Fact State of Successor Attorney-in-Fact the Attorney-in-Fact the legal authority to act on my behalf for any power legal under law in regard to my financial decisions under the State of _________________________. State VIII. TERMS & CONDITIONS – Upon authorization by all parties, the Attorney-inFact accepts their designation to act in the Principal’s best interests for all financial decisions legal under law. IX. THIRD PARTIES – I, the Principal, agree that any third party receiving a copy via: physical copy, email, or fax that I, the Principal, will indemnify and hold harmless any and all claims that may be put forth in reference to this Durable Power of Attorney Form. X. COMPENSATION – The Attorney-in-Fact agrees not to be compensated for acting in the presence of the Principal. The Attorney-in-Fact may be, but not entitled to, reimbursement for all: food, travel, and lodging expenses for acting in the presence of the Principal. XI. DISCLOSURE - I intend for my attorney-in-fact under this Power of Attorney to be treated, as I would be with respect to my rights regarding the use and disclosure of my individually identifiable health information or other medical records. This release authority applies to any information governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (aka HIPAA), 42 USC 1320d and 45 CFR 160-164 XII. PRINCIPAL’S SIGNATURE - I, _________________________, the Principal, Printed Name of Principal sign my name to this power of attorney this ________ day of Day _________________________ and, being first duly sworn, do declare to the Month undersigned authority that I sign and execute this instrument as my power of attorney and that I sign it willingly, or willingly direct another to sign for me, that I execute it as my free and voluntary act for the purposes expressed in the power of attorney and that I am eighteen years of age or older, of sound mind and under no constraint or undue influence. _________________________ Signature of Principal XIII. ATTORNEY-IN-FACT’S SIGNATURE - I, ______________________________ Name of Attorney-in-Fact have read the attached power of attorney and am the person identified as the attorney-in-fact for the principal. I hereby acknowledge and accept my appointment as Attorney-in-Fact and that when I act as agent I shall exercise the powers for the benefit of the principal; I shall keep the assets of the principal separate from my assets; I shall exercise reasonable caution and prudence; and I shall keep a full and accurate record of all actions, receipts and disbursements on behalf of the principal. ____________________________________ ______________________________ Signature of Attorney-in-Fact Date SUCCESSOR ATTORNEY-IN-FACT’S SIGNATURE (Optional) - I, ______________________________ have read the attached power of Name of successor Attorney-in-Fact attorney and am the person identified as the successor attorney-in-fact for the principal. I hereby acknowledge that I accept my appointment as Successor Attorney-in-Fact and that, in the absence of a specific provision to the contrary in the power of attorney, when I act as agent I shall exercise the powers for the benefit of the principal; I shall keep the assets of the principal separate from my assets; I shall exercise reasonable caution and prudence; and I shall keep a full and accurate record of all actions, receipts, and disbursements on behalf of the principal. ______________________________ ______________________________ Signature of Successor Attorney-in-Fact Date Notary Acknowledgement (Must be completed by Notary) State of ___________ County of ______________________________ Subscribed, Sworn and acknowledged before me by ______________________________, the Principal, and subscribed and sworn to before me by ______________________, witness, this ______________________ day of ________________________. ______________________________ Notary Signature Notary Public In and for the County of ______________________________ State of ______________________________ My commission expires: ______________________________ Seal Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Appointment as Attorney-in-Fact I, ______________________________ have read the attached power of attorney Name of Attorney-in-Fact and am the person identified as the attorney-in-fact for the principal. I hereby acknowledge that accept my appointment as Attorney-in-Fact and that when I act as agent I shall exercise the powers for the benefit of the principal; I shall keep the assets of the principal separate from my assets; I shall exercise reasonable caution and prudence; and I shall keep a full and accurate of all actions, receipts and disbursements on behalf of the principal. ______________________________ ______________________________ Signature of Attorney-in-Fact Date Acceptance of Appointment as successor Attorney-in-Fact I, ______________________________ have read the attached power of Name of successor Attorney-in-Fact attorney and am the person identified as the successor attorney-in-fact for the principal. I hereby acknowledge that I accept my appointment as Successor Attorney-in-Fact and that, in the absence of a specific provision to the contrary in the power of attorney, when I act as agent I shall exercise the powers for the benefit of the principal; I shall keep the assets of the principal separate from my assets; I shall exercise reasonable caution and prudence; and I shall keep a full and accurate record of all actions, receipts, and disbursements on behalf of the principal. ______________________________ ______________________________ Signature of Successor Attorney-in-Fact Date Witness Attestation I, ______________________, the first witness, and I ______________________ Printed Name of First Witness Printed Name of Second Witness the second witness, sign my name to the foregoing power of attorney being first duly sworn and do not declare to the undersigned authority that the principal signs and executed this instrument as him or her, and that I, in the presence and hearing of the principal, sign this power of attorney as witness to the principal’s signing and that to the best of my knowledge the principal is eighteen years of age or older, of sound mind and under no constraint or undue influence. ______________________________ ______________________________

Signature

Just checking to see if you have any other questions or comments. I want you to be as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks

Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney