How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28383
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a domestic partner. 4 years. s ex wife has caused

Customer Question

i am a domestic partner. 4 years. His ex wife has caused problems from day one. Now she is fighting for sole custody and more money. she is demanding through this case (to where I am NOT NAMED), that I give my name, address and social security number. No problem with giving name and address. COMPLETELY AGAINST GIVING MY SOCIAL. ex wife has caused me to lose a job because of a false charge that was placed against me, and dismissed (after she caused me to lose my job by calling my boss). Yes, I tried to sue them for firing me but wanted the legal problems to stop and just wanted to move on. Now this ex wife is saying via her lawyer, I have to give my social. I have a new job and i know for a fact, she doesn't know where I work. Can I refuse to give my #?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Do you know why this demand is being made? You shared you are not named in the lawsuit, so what demand and how is this being made? Have you been served with anything or was this informally requested?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She and her attorney sent us interrogatories to respond to. In those documents were many ridiculous questions. One being asking for my social. In 2010, one of my co-workers tried to file a charge against me of forgery. This charge was false, It was dismissed completely and the case was dropped. However while it was on casenet, i had just started dating my boyfriend who was her ex husband. She used it to cause us problems. Another question she asked in the documents was whether or not i was a felon, which I am not. I have the background check to prove it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has also had my car tags ran without my permission and stalked me for a period of 30 days while i was dating her ex husband - I have never been anything but good to her 12 year old son to which he has attested to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She put my boyfriend in jail twice over false charges that she dropped. One time, calling the police to pick him up in front of her son while he was having lunch at school with him. Just so you know who I am dealing with.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. You can object to the requested information and then her attorney would have to go back to court and in front of the Judge, to explain the reason and relevance for this. I do not think there is an issue with asking about you being a felon and you responding but the request for your social, may not be necessary. You certainly are dealing with a lot from this women but the main issue now is the requested information and you not wanting to provide confidential information unless it is necessary and relevant. You said you are not a named party to this and they should provide some detail or information as to why they want your social.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!