How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117360
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I appealed because during the juries deliberation of my

Customer Question

I appealed because during the juries deliberation of my verdict,( which was guilty), the judge walked in to the deliberation room with the jurors and closed the door behind him, hence he was in there with the jurors. The court clerk ran over to the deliberation room and asked the judge to please step out, that he couldn't be in there with the jurors. She was one of my witnesses for the appeal, she has since moved out of state. I submitted my appeal, and they court granted me a court subscriber.
Now the court has since changed there name, and their is a new judge, and the people who still work there wont take responsibility, they have now given me a warrant for my arrest, because according to them I abandoned the appeal, when it was them who never assigned the court transcriptionist, which because of my financial situation the court would assign free of costs, well they never did, 5 years later the review the old cases. Now I have a warrant. can I file a rule 32, conviction relief?
I am a disabled Afghanistan combat veteran, the attorney I have talked to want to much money.
All this is happening in Buckeye, Arizona.
Its use to be Estrella Mountain Court, now its White Tank Justice Court.
I stuck in between rock and a hard place.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This case is a DUI case in Buckeye, Arizona. I fought it and I lost. But during the deliberations the Judge walked into the jury room while they were deliberating my verdict. The court clerk ran to get him out telling him he was not allowed in there, his excuse was that he was handing other evidence,(pictures) that they left outside in the court to them. I wrote a letter to the Arizona higher courts to explain his actions, and I was written back that they believed he did nothing wrong. Some of these towns in Arizona the politicians, judges and government all belong to "the good-ole boys club", and scratch each others back.
At least that's the way a lot of people see it. This case should of been thrown out of court, and the charges dropped because of the judges actions.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can file a AZ Rule 32 motion for post conviction relief if the court was supposed to get you the transcript made for your appeal and that was never done by the court because of all of the change over. You are going to have to argue in your motion that the court ordered appointment of the court reported to transcribe for your appeal and this never took place and it was the fault of the court that you could not pursue your appeal and your rights to appeal were denied and you need to consider going to your local veteran's center as they many times have attorneys who can assist you in this motion which would significantly increase your chances of success in this case.