How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27269
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband owns s own business he had a secretary who was

Customer Question

my husband owns his own business he had a secretary who was working from her home she rented two bed room apartment one room was for office she keep all of our important documents titles for company cars all of company reorders for 10 years cc orders pos everything of importance that needed filed she wanted to go back to nc for couple weeks and got mad when Robbie would not give her any more money he hade just paid her now shes still in nc will not answer calls changed password ***** our reorder phone so we cant transfer number how can we get companys records
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Those records belong to the company and she has no legal right to keep them and prevent you from accessing them. If there is an issue about money, that is between her and the company but she can not withhold these records and keep them and/or destroy them, as leverage to get what she wants. As such, if she will not voluntarily turn them over, she would need to be sued and ordered to turn them over. Moreover, she could be ordered to be cost associated with the lawsuit and attorney fees, if she is withholding these in bad faith, along with other damages suffered.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Legal Questions