Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

Is it legal to import adult toys that may be interpreted as

Customer Question

is it legal to import adult toys that may be interpreted as "underage looking" from countries like japan, but the actual toy itself does not state or show pictures of or promoting underage material? Example - a replica of a lower half of a female that looks younger, but is only a toy and not marketed as "underage girl"
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

NO, the US laws do not address these toys.

US law prohibits images, which are defined in a manner that means a picture or video depiction. Also the law requires the image to be of a person who is clearly identifiable as a minor.

The items that you are describing are not an image as defined by the law, and the replication is not clearly identifiable as a minor.

The following links will describe this in more detail:

http://www.justice.gov/criminal-ceos/citizens-guide-us-federal-law-child-pornography

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2256

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.