How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117386
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A previous co worker and I who were engaged had my social

Customer Question

a previous co worker and I who were engaged had my social security number which you used to put me on his life insurance policy at work when we broke up he still had access to my social security number one day he said to me you lied about how much money you got from Social Security disability and I know this because of my previous job at welfare I still have my password ***** I can look up your information from Social Security and unemployment and get your information and I felt that I was violated because he was able to share this information with a coworker at tough network health I don't think there is a limit as to what he can do with is information and having this password ***** made a compaint with the compliancy bored at us network health where he works and they said there was no damage done or he did not commit a crimeor there was no evidence of a crimeI feel at this point the department of welfare is at fault for allowing him to have this password ***** his leaving his position there in network health not taking him out of him out of a position where he is in a positionhaving access 2 confidential information but not being in a position to using it properly
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is an invasion of privacy and it is grounds for him to be even prosecuted for computer hacking for making unauthorized access to the computer system. You need to make the complaint to the Attorney General, not the board of compliance since that is the health company and not the government. Access of those records can be a federal violation and you should notify the FBI and US Attorney General's Office in MA about the unauthorized computer hacking/access.
Furthermore, his access would be invasion of privacy and basis for you to file a civil suit against him and seek monetary damages for the invasion into records he had no right to access.

Related Legal Questions