Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

The father of my child from Brazil is visiting m and they

Customer Question
The father of my child...
The father of my child from Brazil is visiting him and they are calling me from the airport because he must have said a lot of lies being pressured by police immigration
And I'm legally married here in America and have moved on with my life and he is saying a lot of lies
Should I answer their calls or look for a lawyer immediately
Please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/5/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What are they saying when they call? Does he have your child with him or is he just stopped at immigration?
He was stopped at immigration at Miami airport
But he is saying a lot of untrue things I think because he might be nervous like we were married in Brazil but I have never been married to him before we have a son together
Thank you for your reply.
If he does not have your child with him, then you do not need to talk to the immigration officers. If you do speak to them, you merely need to tell them the truth when answering their questions. You cannot lie to them and should not lie, if he lied to them, then that is his issue, not your issue and they will sent him back to Brazil for providing false information and will deny him reentry for up to 10 years.
But they threatened me with my status here in America saying it might be changed although I'm legally married and my process is good and everything is fine because of what he might have said
Can you please call me
Thank you for your reply.
Click on "Accept offer" if you would like a call.
However, no matter what he is telling them, they will do nothing to you if you can prove he is lying. You have proof you are married to someone else and you are not married to him so it does not matter what he says, you simply have to prove he is lying to immigration and then he will be deported and barred from returning to the US.
But should I answer their call ! Cause I'm feeling insecure ! And they have called me several times later
They are a little bit rude and rough
Thank you for your reply.
If you have nothing to hide and were never married to this guy, then YES, you need to speak to them and simply tell them you have the evidence to show he is lying and you are not married to him. They seem rough, but they are doing their jobs and if you provide them the evidence to show he is lying you will find their attitudes will soften.
But I'm worried about him because he is the father of my child and although we have nothing between each other but my son was anxious to see his father ! I don't wish him to be deported
Thank you for your reply.
DO NOT be worried about this. If he is lying to immigration, that is HIS problem. I know you want him to see his child, but you are not responsible for his lies. You must tell the truth to immigration regardless of what you fear about him being removed from the country, because if you lie to protect them then you too can be in trouble.
I am feeling só bad for him And my son ! And i dont know what to do to help Them see each orher !
Thank you for your reply.
Stop feeling bad for him and think about your son. If you lie to immigration they can take action against YOU and then that could cause you to lose your child if they pursue criminal charges against you. So this is a case where you need to tell the truth and worry about what will happen to your child if you lie and stop worrying about him.
Can a lawyer call immigration And try to see what is happening ?
Can a lawyer act in his favor And i hire
I dont want father And son to be apart !
I dont wish him or Anyone to be deportes !
Thank you for your reply.
You can hire him a local immigration lawyer who can call the immigration authorities and you can find one at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
The lawyer can then try to clear up any lies he may have told to immigration.
Ok can you indicaste me any one because today is saturday And no one Answers
Thank you for your reply.
State law forbids me from making personal referrals and I gave you the two sites because that is all we can legally provide to customers.
Can you please send me an offer so Ivan talk to you on the phone
Thank you for your reply.
I sent you an offer, I cannot send a second one. Also, it is now getting late so if you accept the offer I sent a call cannot be made until morning.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney