How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had wreck, i ran into the back of an undercover police

Customer Question

i had wreck, i ran into the back of an undercover police officer and i did not have auto ins.
i got a ticket for financial responsibility law & failure to maintain proper control, what will happen to me in court next month?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

What state is this in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Do you know if police officer or anyone else was injured in any way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they took him to the hospital with a neck brace on,
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Driving without car insurance in the state of Tennessee is a Class A misdemeanor if you are involved in an auto accident that results in bodily injury or death and the penalties are very serious:

  • Fines up to $2,500
  • Jail time for up to 11 months and 29 days
  • License Suspension for up to 3 years and suspended driver will need to meet all requirements necessary for reinstatement such as filing SR-22 insurance documentation to prove financial responsibility.

This is just a criminal consequences of driving without insurance and injuring another person. The driver will also be liable for any damages, such as property damage, medical bills, etc...of the injured person.

So, it is important to consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney and to have this attorney represent during your pending criminal case and this local attorney can fight for your rights and freedom in court.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.