How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need a lawyer to help me get back the assets from my

Customer Question

Need a lawyer to help me get back the assets from my father's estate.
Looks right now that my son has stolen all assets that should be in my possession.
***** ***** (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi Carol. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information about what exactly happened that resulted in your son taking everything? What were the assets? What was the value of these assets? What does your son say about the situation? Was their a will? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a will. I have a copy. I don't know the amount of the assets, stocks, bonds, all kinds of investments. My father had a home that was supposed to be sold but Scott took i
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for following up. Do you know how it was that your son was able to arrange the transfer of all these assets to himself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is the Executor
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for following up. The first thing you will need to do is to obtain a copy of the will to see what it provides. It would have been filed with the probate court in the county in which your father resided at the time of his death. If you call the probate court clerk, the clerk can direct you as the specific process for obtaining a copy in that probate court.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It might be helpful if we discussed in detail by phone. If you would like me to extend that option to you, let me know and I'll do so. Thanks.