LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I am playing online poker at bovoda poker won some money and

Customer Question

I am playing online poker at bovoda poker won some money and now they don't want to pay me. Also when they charge my card they charge it under something totally different so the bank don't catch it do mi have a case
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Why do they not want to pay you? Is it because you are in the US?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they claim I have another account with a negative balance is this a lawsuit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I look at my bank account when I make a deposit its charged under a false name

Yes, it is not uncommon for these sites to use the name of a different company or processor, to get the charge through, since your credit card company would recognize this as a gambling site, which is illegal and deny the charge. That is exactly how they get around it. Now, when you make the request to be paid, they probable see that you are in the US and know they can not pay you and when you signed up and used the site, you agreed to the terms and conditions, which included NOT being in a location, where online poker is not allowed. As such, they were quick to take your money but now when it comes to pay out, are backing off, paired with their claim that you have an account with a negative balance in it. I find this odd though, unless you played on credit, that there would be a negative balance unless you disputed a charge with them in the past. At this point, it would be hard to sue them and prevail, when something you are doing is illegal under the law. A court is not going to award you the money when playing online poker for money in the US is illegal. You can try and dispute the charge with the credit card company to be made whole but if you tell them this was for a poker site, they are likely going to dent the claim.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you are saying nothing can be done no lawsuit nor the attorney general can shut them down to the usa

They are already shut down and not allowed. You can 100% file a complaint with the AG but as you see on the website, it is not a .com address and they use ways to still allow access, even though they should not be accepting US players.