How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116715
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father passed away 1 year ago this month. I'am s first

Customer Question

My father passed away 1 year ago this month. I'am his first chill-out of 4. I have one 1/2 sister that is the youngest 43. My father passed away at home, neighbor found him on a Sunday. That following Friday I got a call from the youngest 1/2 sibling that he had passed and she had removed all his items from the home and vehicle etc. also had him cremated without my knowledge and without any notice until the deed was done. From a Sunday to Thursday she had not only cremated his remains without notifying anyone, but removed all his belonging's. I need help as I live in a different state. I'am my fathers namesake and eldest child. He expressly told me his wishes, yet the 1/2 sibling said she could not find a lock box with the Will. She went to utility co.'s to get his deposits back, also his bank account. I have that bank act # ***** What can I do. I need closure and I feel my father was still warm when she had him cremated.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, you have a problem. Legally, if you claim there was a will, then you have to produce the will. Even if you hire an attorney, you would have to provide the attorney with the will. ALL of the children have EQUAL shares to your father's estate, but you must have an attorney in Oregon, pursuant to Oregon law, to file for probate in the probate court. You can get a local probate attorney to represent you and make her pay you and your other siblings your share of the estate at the same sites used by other attorneys, or or