How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27198
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I stop my lawyer, to remove my les pendence what he put

Customer Question

Can I stop my lawyer, to remove my les pendence what he put on the defendant property without my consent ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Is he able to correct this? You shared that he admitted that he did it wrong but will he correct the problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,no he tells me we can not win .So he wants to remove it .Is any way I'll be able to keep it until my next hearing ....thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I be able to move the hearing sooner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he admit it he has done it wrong the first time ,than he re done it and he is saying is no good again .
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information. If the attorney did something wrong, illegal, or unethical, it must be fixed and corrected. If this was not properly done, then it has no legal effect, so it is not a situation where it provides you any protection and if the attorney keeps it in place, which would be in bad faith if he knows he can not do this, then he could face sanctions and discipline by the Bar. Now, there is a difference between a Judge ruling in favor of another party but you and your attorney proceeding in good faith and a situation where he just messed up and needs to remove this. He can think that you will not win but can proceed and litigate this as opposed to keeping it there, when he knows it should not be there. You can certainly try and set a hearing sooner, if the Judge has room on their docket and the other party can appear. You would need to coordinate that hearing and if there are no problems, it can be done. What I do want you to be aware of is that if this was done wrong and it was not proper, then it could not remain.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.