How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive been taking Cimzia 2 years. Within the last 6 mos. I

Customer Question

Ive been taking Cimzia for about 2 years. Within the last 6 mos. I have double vision. Ihave had MRI, Brain Scan, Scan of Orbits and all comes out good. My RA Doctor told me Cimzia does NOT affect you eyes. I mentioned this to my family Doctor and he did not say one way or the other BUT about a week later I received a hand written not from him saying to look at a web site and underlined double vision and sudden blindness caused by Cimzia. No I can not do some of the things I enjoyed doing, Quilting, Applique, I just don't see well enough to do these things. I'm wondering if I have a case
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

Unfortunately, medical malpractice suits are a somewhat complex form of personal injury law so there are not a lot of attorneys that deal with these cases - you will want to look for a specialist to assist you.

Medical malpractice claims are based on expert testimony, this means you, or your attorney, will need to find a medical expert in the same, or similar field, to testify as to the standard of care in the industry, whether your physician or facility's conduct fell below that standard, and whether that negligence was the cause of your injury. The same (or a different) expert can then testify as to your projected future damages and cost of medical care.

Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a medical malpractice plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).

You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).