How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a case in District court and won the judgement the

Customer Question

I had a case in District court and won the judgement the defendant appealed the judgement I sent a complaint to their attorney along with the complaint I requested any and all documentation the were using to appeal along with camera footage the defendant claimed to look at. I sent this on October 27,2015 but did not receive a response within the 20 day window to reply to the complaint. On November 30,2015 I sent the 10 day notice of intent (to have the judgement go to me as it was in District Court) I found out that the defendants attorney filed a response to the complaint yesterday December 1, 2015 by e-file. Can the defendant go past the 20 day period to reply without contacting me as I am defending myself as the plaintiff?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Reply to what? It's a little unclear from your facts.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you mean reply to the complaint or reply to your request for documentation and camera footage?