How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a lady who I loaned 25,000 dollars to and she has paid

Customer Question

Have a lady who I loaned 25,000 dollars to and she has paid nearly 7,000 back to me, but I have waited 4 years for the rest of my money, but she keeps avoiding me and paying and she readily admits she owes me the money. what can I do to get my 18,000 back.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Did you put anything in writing regarding the loan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but she refused to sign, but readily admits to oweing the money to me.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

The only thing you will be able to do at this point is to sue her in civil court under the premise that there was a verbal contract that she is in breach of.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I turn her into the credit bueraos also
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

You will need a judgment first in order to do that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I need an attorney for the court to sue and what kind of an attorney do I need.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

It isn't necessary, but it is recommended. You would need a civil attorney.

Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.