Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

I am going to Canada to install a textile machine I need to

Customer Question

I am going to Canada to install a textile machine I need to take two precision level .I am allowed to carry them in my backpack on board the plane?
Thanks,
John Joyce
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hello, John and welcome!

If you are referring to two precision levels similar to those pictured here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineer%27s_spirit_level

they should be permitted in your carry-on baggage. However, it would be a good idea to arrive a little earlier than usual to declare that you have these in your backpack and have the TSA screening agent look at them more carefully, when you go through security to make sure they are permitted. Just in case they should not be, bring a self-addressed, stamped box with you, to mail them back to yourself or to your destination in Canada, if you have no checked luggage and can't put them in there, if you're only traveling with your backpack as carry-on.

I wish you a great trip!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Warmest regards,
Cher