How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to file a claim for $667 against a company. This

Customer Question

I am trying to file a claim for $667 against a company. This company was in charge of transporting my car from one state to another. When I received my car there was damage done to my trunk. I have never dealt with a situation like this, so I am not sure how to resolve this issue. I have spoken to his Insurance company and him several times. Earl (the one in charge) has lied several times about mailing a check and so on. It has been 4 months since the incident and now I'm trying to take it into my own hands. How do I handle this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to learn of this situation.
If they refuse to fix the problem, or pay for the damage, you will then need to file a small claims case against them for "breach of contract" and "negligence."

You can find additional information here: