Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In NC, can a 51% member seize assets of the company before

Customer Question
the investment and debt owed...
In NC, can a 51% member seize assets of the company before the investment and debt owed to 49% member are met?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
11/26/2015
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Can you explain what you mean by the term seize? How does one seize all assets of a company? Have you been locked out of a building holding business assets?

2. What is causing the behavior of the majority member?

3. Other than seizure, is there liquidation of assets going on as well?

Doug

No
Please stop conversation and only charge the $5.00 and not $31.00.

I'm sorry, no what?

I asked several questions that I need information about if I am to assist you.

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

If you need assistance, you can contact customer service at(###) ###-####

Doug

Tina, Lawyer