How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex share a private pictures to s friend without my

Customer Question

My ex share a private pictures to his friend without my permission??? I wanna sue him but what kind of case
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

The cause of action that most people are trying to use now is either a negligent infliction of emotional distress or an intentional infliction of emotional distress. I've also seen a few people argue it is a copyright violation if you were the one that took the picture but then there is an argument that develops over whether the photograph was given to them, loaned to them, whether the copyright is implicit when a photograph is sent, etc.

Likely what will happen is whatever lawyer you choose will combine all of these into one case to maximize the chances of success.