Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

No thank you just reading your article right now

Customer Question
No thank you...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/24/2015
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

It is possible here that he may do so.South Carolina – One party can consent to the recording of a wire, electronic or oral communication. Consent is not required for the taping of a non-electronic communication uttered by a person who does not have a reasonable expectation of privacy in that communication. - See more at: http://www.detectiveservices.com/2012/02/27/state-by-state-recording-laws/#sthash.GtLl3LDk.dpuf

This issue here would be since this was counseling session was it privileged.You may argue that it should remain private and excluded.The taping itself was legal--only one party need consent.But you may object to the tape on grounds it was private marital counseling and should not be revealed.Judge might agree here.See if you signed any kind of confidentiality agreement with counselor.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.I appreciate the chance to help .

Ray, Lawyer