How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118777
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had insurance the started on January 15th 2015 paying

Customer Question

I had insurance the started on January 15th 2015 paying 253.00 month I ended up in emergancy 7/9/15 and was addmitted to keep a eye on me I went in with pain going doen my left arm and the side of my chest ... the emergancy doctor said he was going to keep me overnight... then I recieved a bill that came to 21,567.15
recieved a addjustment 8,630.46 I had called my insurance and they stated the doctor place the insurance as a observation and not admit so this is your bill if the doctor turned it to insurance as a admit you would only be responsiable for just 250.00 over night well now they turned me over to the Hospital Financial department and working along side a group called the karis group... But they are asked for my life like my savings securities stock tax refund with cash value, I feel if I fill this out then Im saying Im resposiable for these charges... I had a port IV put in I went to a room... and I had test done... they had my Insurance card and nobody even addvized me of my finacial responsiability.. other wise I would have check out... I feel the doctor on dutie feel out the paper work wrong and now I have this horrible bill Im up against...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, if you are seeking assistance on the bill you have to provide them all of the information that they are seeking from you. As far as the doctor, before you provide the Karis group with all of the information, you need to contact the doctor to see if they will correct the billing. They can submit a billing correction to your insurer and your insurer can reexamine the claim.
If the doctor will not do so, then you need to work with the hospital and Karis group as that is the only other way to get the bill reduced so you do not have to pay as much.