Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am a plaintiff in a Cabarrus county NC civil contempt of

Customer Question
court case. I have a...
I am a plaintiff in a Cabarrus county NC civil contempt of court case. I have a friend who claims the defendant in my case is having people text him to lie about me. The defendant is under a no-contact order that involves no contact via third party to my family and friends as well. How can I get my friend to either give me the texts or appear in court with the texts so I can use them as evidence against the defendant?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
11/23/2015
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The answer is yes to both. One can subpoena third parties to provide either pertinent testimony or evidence, or both, in a court of law.

See HERE for a subpoena form. If being done without an attorney, the subpoena first has to be taken to Court, where the court clerk has to stamp/sign off on it prior to it being sent out to the targeted party.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law