How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118248
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is emptionally sexually physically and financialy

Customer Question

My husband is emptionally sexually physically and financialy abusive. He brainwashes our 16 year old son against me. A couple of months ago he attacked me ( I had bruises that are documented), I hit him as a part of self-defense, he bled. Then he called the police on me and I got arrested( my trial got cancelled). After that he has been extremely cruel and I am traimatized by the police and scared to call 911. He stalks me, goes through my things, takes my car keys, credit and debit cards, terrifies the kids and ridicules me in front of them. He is also very secretive about out bank account and touches me even if I say " no". He has disconnected the home phone. In short - a typical abuser. I would like to make him pay in every possible way. I just need to know how
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know what are possible options in this sitiation. I have a lawyer, but the second opinion always helps. Plus I suspect that my lawyer does not believe the stalking part. I have found some spyware in my house
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot provide customers with any type of legal options or second opinion, as such can only be given by a local attorney upon review of the entire case.

However, if you have a legal question for me, I will be happy to provide you with a general answer to it.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure I understand. My legal question would be how to act in order to make the abuser take responsibity and pay. How to correctly prove the fact that I am being abused and take maximum advantage from it. If you are practicing in CA and feel you can provide me with impirtant information, I will be happy to learn
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I will opt-out of your question at no charge to you and wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you are being stalked by electronic means, the first step is you need to turn over evidence of the stalking to the police and the FBI and ask them to investigate. It is illegal to conduct unauthorized electronic surveillance without a warrant. So if he is doing this it is illegal and it is up to the police and/or FBI to investigate.

Any physical abuse needs to be immediately reported to the police as well, which I am sure you know and your attorney should have also told you. Document any injury with photographs, since your attorney will be able to use those in court during the divorce as well.

Under CA law if he is physically abusing you, they will arrest him and charge him under the domestic violence laws and issue a restraining order against him to remove him from the home and keep him away from you.

If you are pursuing a divorce, your attorney should also be looking to seize the bank accounts to prevent your husband from taking all of the community property funds and if your attorney is not working to protect you on that issue, then you need to consider perhaps getting yourself a new attorney who is a bit more aggressive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your answer. I missed it, but I am looking forward to talk to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was a little scared to go to the police since they believed him once.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If you are saying there is electronic stalking, you need to present the police the evidence of the stalking. If you are not sure about the police, going to the local FBI office is your alternative.
However, you have to act, you cannot just sit on this if you want action against him and it is up to you to present the evidence to law enforcement about the stalking he is committing.