Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Am I limited to how many words can be put into chat just

Customer Question
spent a good while typing...
am I limited to how many words can be put into chat just spent a good while typing my case and situation and it will not go through
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
We'll I'm fed up with being taken advantage of like every other person that probably comes here. I'm self employed and at times money gets tight always try to pay bills before self. Never really realizing how bad we are being taken first Wells Fargo I'm not enrolled in overdraft protection knowing there side trick and taxed heavily in the past due to that I recently just within a week period went negative roughly 200 dollars which no actual money paid out on there behalf and total NSF fees where greater than the negative balance so to find out payments made direct to checking account are not covered under overdraft protection clause as there "automated system" will allow certain transactions through based on its data or however they program it to do that was stated by a representative in a very informing conversation. The point is sprint tried multiple times to withdrawal funds for automated payment with no funds in account which led to this what they call an unfortunate circumstance and will not reverse fees even though no money was put forward to cover any costs and learning that that's all automated so no actual person time or material is furnished to correct these flaws. Next as I'm now keen on money and how it's being spent SRP one of Arizonas power suppliers I've been going back and forth first they wiped out old charges of disconnect fee ect only to now claim rights to the funds after I restarted service also and this is the part that I will not tolerate when and during months of cancelled power meaning service was disconnected I was charged the highest surcharge fees in billing record that I seen so I read there surcharge statement and to my surprise it's a fixed amount after reading each bill and looking at each surcharge it varied from 5-38 for a monthly surcharge. Look I'm realistic and a ten dollar expert assistance fee for quality help seems ridiculously overstated considering SRP is a non profit organization and claims to charge now this is just a charge for customer service not billing or actual service nor filling or sending paperless bills which are automated and with literally over a million customers ten dollars a month for each person for customer service alone tallies to hundreds of millions of dollars a month. And they claim it's a set practice which bills have to beg the differ, look I'm tired of being screwed over it's not just about making a dollar I can somehow pay the bills I just think when regulations are set in place they should be followed and when those regulations are illegal the ones profiting billions should not be the constant upside.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/21/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you contact Sprint, since it was their multiple attempted withdrawals that caused the excessive overdrafts?
Also, have you obtained your account agreement from WF and read it, because that is the contract they are bound to follow and you are bound to as well?
The Wells Fargo NSF charge has been rewritten since I have joined. I did sit down at a sprint location for a chat with them regarding several topics. One being how they kept forcing a payment through several times, all I'm told whether it be sprint SRP or Wells Fargo is these are just the rules. Wells Fargo has been under the thumb and paid out millions regarding NSF fees prior that is why a few years back the court mandates the overdraft protection opt out which I am enrolled in to opt out of they are still practicing the same exact actions that they had been legally sought to change. Srp is a flat out lie stating one action and doing and charging as they please I have gone the routes of trying to work with these company's and that is why I'm now left to seek legal advice. It is not a one time single incident and cry lawyer case it's continued abuse of power and wrongfully operating business and collecting payments.
Thank you for your reply.
If you opted out of the overdraft protection, then you and the bank are bound by the terms of your account agreement regarding the fees. However, Sprint is liable as well for continual submission of the charges through the account. SO if WF was within the terms of their agreement with you, there is still the option of suing Sprint in small claims for repeated unreasonable submission of the charges causing you the excessive charges.
The are not wrongfully collecting payments if their account agreement allows them to charge for NSF in this manner, so it would have to fall onto Sprint now for their negligent continuous submissions.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney