How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask alex reese Your Own Question
alex reese
alex reese, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3466
Experience:  BS, MS, JD
Type Your Legal Question Here...
alex reese is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a contract with a gaming company to handle all patent

Customer Question

I have a contract with a gaming company to handle all patent issues and market my casino games. I gave power of attorney to the company's IP lawyer in 2009. Later the gaming company and the IP attorney stopped responding to the Patent office's requests and abandoned my applications. No one advised me of this. I have been very ill for the last five years, being hospitaized twice going on dialyses etc. They took advantage of me deceived me and did not honor the contract. My casino games IP are very valuable and I have been damaged. What can you do to help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  alex reese replied 1 year ago.

hello, if you had a contract with them and they breached some obligation pursuant to the contract then you can pursue a claim for breach of contract. However, 5 years delay is a long time to wait before taking action, so your claims may be barred by legal or equitable defenses (i.e. statute of limitation and equitable estoppel). I suggest you consult an business/IP litigation attorney asap to see if you have any recourse. We can only answer questions here and give general guidance, we cannot perform any legal work.

Expert:  alex reese replied 1 year ago.