How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9368
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to end my life legally, how can I do that?

Customer Question

I want to end my life legally, how can I do that?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I have to ask if you have a terminal illness.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not.
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

No State allows physician assisted suicide for anyone other than terminally ill patients.

It is said that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Why do you want to end your life?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have nothing to live for. My life was destroyed a 3rd time while I was coming forward to hate crimes and sexual abuse that happened in 1998. I went to the FBI/DOJ for help, to report these hate crimes so that I could go to court, when I called to make an appointment, I was yelled at, screamed at and hung up. So I sent a letter to both the FBI asking for help but instead the only thing they addressesed was how they wouldn't investigate the operator that did that and I never asked for that, I asked she be reprimanded. These are actual hate crimes, my personal things were stolen, my art was stolen, my sources of income were destroyed so I would get evicted, while in eviction court, there was attempted murder. I then tried the LAPD, I called to make an appointment to come in with my evidence. The cop on the phone decided it was not hate crimes and screamed at me, yelled at me and interogated me and then took my DOB with no help. I emailed the LAPD and instead of help I got a cookie cutter response. There's no where to turn for help. My only option is to go to Federal Court but I can't get a lawyer and have to figure it out myself including typing up the lawsuit and I have more then one court case, it will take years and years and years, my careers were destroyed, my business/sources of income, I'm left sitting in these crimes and no help, I'll be 49 years old next month, what is there to live for? I can't have children and have no children, i have no sibilings and once my mother by DNA dies, that's it, I'll be an orphan. There is no help in this country from anybody and the sexual abuse in 1998, in June of this year, I found out I was overdosed by Olive View Staff and then raped by Olive View Staff and LAPD, it's on the medical reports I just got. 17 years later. I have the medical report from 1998, they only gave me 40 pages, there was 120 page report that I got in June of this year. These rapes and the sexual abuse that occurred in my home contributed to my period stopping when I was 38. I have nothing to live for, litterly, my life has been destroyed, for a 3rd time and I don't see how it's going to get repaired.
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Have you considered adopting a child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, i'm too old, by the time i'm done with court, i'll be close to my 60's, that's too old to raise children and in some countries it's against the law.
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Killing yourself is going to be Hell on your mother.

You have a lot of love to give, if you don't want to adopt a child you might find happiness helping others. You seem uniquely qualified to counsel trauma survivors, you might consider volunteering at a shelter for battered women.

I don't have a simple answer but every religion condemns suicide. I reckon that you are depressed over what happened. Can you think of anything you want to do that would, if not bring you happiness, at least distract you from the depression?

Cannabis is helpful for many people with PTSD, have you tried that?

Do you have a cat or any pet? Pets are also helpful for people with PTSD.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so unless I have a terminal illness I can't end my life legally here in the USA? Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I am terminal, how does that work?
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Yes, no State allows assisted suicide unless the person is terminally ill, not only depressed.

The California law is called the End of Life Option Act and it is posted at

The Oregon law is posted at

Please see

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any more information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well, any referrals for attorneys that sue in Federal Civil Court and contingency, that would be really helpful.
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

You can get a free consultation from some of the civil rights attorneys listed by location here.

Successful civil rights plaintiffs routinely win attorney fees, so you should not need a lot of cash up front to retain an attorney. You wrote that you only recently discovered the rapes by LAPD, so it is arguable that the statute of limitations has not yet run out.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the statue of limitations has not run out, i just found out. i've emailed a ton of attorneys already and the ones that responded wouldn't take my case not cause i didn't have one they just didn't think they could win, there was none that go to Federal Civil Court. I was asking if you personally knew of attorneys for Federal Civil Court?
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

I am not allowed to recommend a specific lawyer or law firm due to the rules of this web site, I'm sorry.

There is another directory at