Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I HAVE BEEN TURNED IN TO A COLLECTION AGRNCY DEBT. VANGRAFF

Customer Question
I HAVE BEEN TURNED IN...
I HAVE BEEN TURNED IN TO A COLLECTION AGRNCY FOR A DEBT. VANGRAFF AND WILLIAMS INC. THEY DO NOT HAVE A LISENCE IN MN AND THEY ARE OUT OF SEROSOTA FL. AM I OBLIGATED TO PAY??? I DO OWE THE DEBT
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
11/20/2015
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, while a collection agency is required to be licensed in the state where it attempts to collect a debt and if they do not, such violation can be reported to the MN Attorney General Office, however, generally, if the person was driving an uninsured vehicle which caused damage to another vehicle, then the driver of the uninsured debt would be liable for the damages caused in the accident.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law